looking for patches as well

Reaction score
Playing live with a band with 2 great boards (Yamaha S90SX and a Korg M50)- but I find I spend a lot of time looking for sound patches that match the song. For example- the song "Margarittaville"- simple but yet i cannot get a close sound to match since it a combo elec piano/bell/flute sound- Any suggestions on how to best get the sounds I need? Is there a website?

Reaction score
That's where the M50 comes in play ;)
You can very easily combine lots of sounds to play at once on the M50, so just pick a e. piano, a bell and a flute (since there are quite a lot of them, you might want to listen to them individually at first and find which one that's most fitting for the task) and combine them in Combi mode.

Since I have an M50 myself, I could probably help you out. Just need to double-check that I'm listening to the right song. "Margarittaville" by The Wipe Outs?

Reaction score
Okey.... I didn't actually succeed in identically replicating the sound... But here's my go at it:

http://www.box.net/shared/ol70a0u69i

So basicly, I used 5 sounds there (volume in parentheses):

• B127: Piccolo Flute (127)

• G013: Marimba (127)

• B027: The Kalimba (102)

• B020: Glockenspiel Hard (46)

• B032: Steel Drums SW1 (52)

Then I just put them through some reverb pretty much...

I did hear a lower-harmony sound as well, but couldn't distinguish what kind of sound it was, so I left it out...

I know this is sound is not 100% accurate to the original, but I hope it helped anyway :)

Ask a Question