M-Audio Oxygen 49 (3rd Gen) Opinions/Feedback Needed

E-X

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm new to keyboardforums and not to sure if I am posting this in the right section. But anyway, I'll get straight to it...

I am doing a report/review on the M-Audio Oxygen 49 (3rd generation), which is a research assignment for college and in this report/review I am required to use primary and secondary research sources. So, I figured it would be a good idea to post on here and get some feedback/opinions from you guys on here who have used and have some experience with the M-Audio Oxygen 49. I will use the opinions/feedback you guys give as my primary research for my report.

Below I've put the questions I want you guys to answer. (ANSWER: Only if you've used the M-Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard before, thanks)

- Did you find the assignable knobs to be useful or not when it came to the production of your music?

- Did you find it comfortable to use the modulation and pitch bend wheels?

- How did it feel to use the keys on this keyboard?

- Are there any functions that you think this keyboard is missing?

Thanks. E-X.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'll sidestep your questions by stating that I once owned an Oxygen 49 and it was a total piece of crap.

Velocity sensitivity was non existent and kept dropping notes and had to be switched off to be at all usable.

It died on me after 3 years of moderate use.

I've since replaced it with an Alesis QX49 which I find to be superior in every way.

Honestly I don't know whether you really are a college student writing a paper or an M-Audio marketing shill looking for feedback on their product, but compared to other M-Audio products I've owned I consider their Oxygen controllers to be their biggest failures.

My advice would be to pick another topic for your paper.

Gary :eek:

E-X

Reaction score
I'll sidestep your questions by stating that I once owned an Oxygen 49 and it was a total piece of crap.

Velocity sensitivity was non existent and kept dropping notes and had to be switched off to be at all usable.

It died on me after 3 years of moderate use.

I've since replaced it with an Alesis QX49 which I find to be superior in every way.

Honestly I don't know whether you really are a college student writing a paper or an M-Audio marketing shill looking for feedback on their product, but compared to other M-Audio products I've owned I consider their Oxygen controllers to be their biggest failures.

My advice would be to pick another topic for your paper.

Gary :eek:

Well... thanks but no thanks. I put the questions on my thread for a reason, to be answered as part of the primary research i'm conducting for my college report. Not to come across rude or anything. It's just that my report has to be detailed thats why I've put these specific questions for you guys to answer for anyone who has used the Oxygen 49 or has some sort of experience with it.

Therefore, can users in the future please answer the direct questions i've put in when giving their personal view/opinion, thanks. All feedback is much appreciated.

E-X

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Gary, do you remember what generation your Oxygen 49 was? If it was the first generation, there may have been some improvements made for the second generation and then later for the third generation.

E-X, I've never used the Oxygen before, so I can't answer your questions about it. I do have a second generation M-Audio Axiom 61, though.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned Michael the generation is irrelevant. They should have gotten it right the FIRST time...

Gary ;)

Ask a Question