Audio on Dgx660

Reaction score
Sounds like the Speakers are switched off.

Have a look in the Function > Category section to see what they are set at.

Reaction score
Thanks Biggles.The style volume is at 100 i can change that ok its song and audio volume that are at ___. Do you know how i can reset or fix this??

Reaction score
Alas I lookedin what passes for a Yamaha Manual and the advice I gave was about it.

I looked to see if there was a reset process listed but there was not, but there should be.

If no other member here offers suggestions then maybe oneof the Yamaha forums can help.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Thanks Biggles.The style volume is at 100 i can change that ok its song and audio volume that are at ___. Do you know how i can reset or fix this??

When one of the volume settings in the function menu is displayed as "---" it means that the given setting is invalid or disabled in the current situation, by which I mean it's not pertinent or applicable and is therefore unavailable.

The Song Volume is available only when the keyboard is in Song mode-- i.e., when the SONG button is lit-- in which case the Style Volume becomes unavailable and is displayed as "---." This doesn't mean that the given volume has been set to 00, simply that it's not available to be changed in the current situation. The Song and Style modes are mutually exclusive-- i.e., you can place the keyboard into one or the other of these modes by pressing and lighting either the SONG button or the STYLE button, but you cannot use both modes at the same time. While the keyboard is in Song mode, the Song Volume is available but the Style Volume is unavailable. Conversely, while the keyboard is in Style mode, the Style Volume is available but the Song Volume is unavailable. However, the previous setting is still retained in memory and will be displayed when you switch to the appropriate mode. For instance, you can switch to Song mode, change the Song Volume to 123 (as an example), then switch to Style mode and the Song Volume will be displayed as "---"; but when you switch back to Song mode the Song Volume will be displayed as "123" again.

As for the Audio Volume, I think it's available only when you've loaded (i.e., selected) an audio file to play back. But I'm not certain about that, because none of my keyboard models have that function.

Likewise, the Auxiliary Volume or whatever it's called on your model-- "Aux In Volume," etc.-- is available only if you have an audio cable plugged into the Aux In jack. There does not even need to be an actual audio device connected (such as a cell phone, microphone, etc.), just an audio cable. That is, the Aux In Volume setting is not enabled or disabled on the basis of whether an audio signal is detected, but merely on the basis of whether an audio plug is present in the Aux In jack.

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and to someone like me who played in my youth - the B3 Hammond and Rhodes piano days - and recently bought a dgx 660 to start easing back into personal music, YOU are a very dangerous man, SeaGtGruff! I might get lost in here for days.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've never owned any of the DGX/YPG models, but they have certain similarities to the PSR-E/YPT models that I'm more familiar with. :)

Ask a Question