M50

Reaction score
A few things that come to mind after recently getting all the necessary extras myself...

Is the stand height adjustable, in case you want/need to play standing up?

Does the stand lock at the desired height securely?

Do you have a bench/chair? Adjustable height is preferable.

Do you have a music stand or something to serve that purpose?

Reaction score
The column stand I just got (Apex Ultimate) is the only one I've ever played on that hasn't been wobbly, although some of the time, that has to do with the position of the keyboard on the stand (are all the rubber supports on the top bars of the stand positioned evenly under the keyboard) rather than the position of the stand relative to the floor. If the stand sits properly balanced on the floor and the floor is indeed a flat surface, you can compensate for the supports on the top bars by adding tape or something to make them thicker and get your keyboard properly balanced.

Personally, though, I love the column stand because you have full control over the heights of the keyboards. I play with two at once, and my previous stand had a fixed-height second tier that was a bit higher than I'd have wanted to play on.

Reaction score
I've got the ProLine PL-402, which has a fully adjustable second tier (height-wise from main tier).

I know I don't need that sturdy of a stand, but I didn't want to have to worry about wobble or whether the thing might collapse out from under my considerably more expensive keyboard.

I could have paid slightly less ($10?) by getting the second tier as an add-on, but the add-on tiers didn't strike me as quiet as sturdy, or as adjustable.

One feature of my stand reminds me of something else to consider when buying... Does it have a clutchless position pin lock? GC's description and zoomed image of the ProLine 100 better shows what I'm talking about. (ProLine's quick-release locks also use a pin lock.)

Ask a Question