Method for changing some mixer settings on the fly...on DGX 670?

Reaction score
I'm working on learning a song that has several fairly different volume settings, being more varying than just lighter key touch. I can change those with the mixer, but, I need to be able to change them while recording. I thought maybe saving a registry entry would save volume changes from the mixer, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In fact, I'm recording multiple instruments and the change should apply to all. I toyed with the master gain, again via mixer, and again, that won't save to a registry either. This surprises me.

I do notice this: For example, I can change the volume for Main, and save a Song registration to registry, which does save that change, But I cannot hit that and effect a change to volume while recording, it seems.

Anyone know if this can be done? Maybe I'm just not finding the answer.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I know from using my PSR-E keyboards that some settings can be changed on the fly while recording, but others cannot.

I'm not familiar with what the DGX can and can't do, but I imagine that some things might depend on whether you're recording in MIDI or making an audio recording.

Reaction score
I think that you are expecting a bit too much out of an $850 keyboard.

Saving a registry and swapping between them surely will result in a step change in the sound since as far as I am aware the DGX has limited transition from one sound to another capabilities.

Recording to a DAW would give post processing capabilities, if the DGX has the capabilities.

Reaction score
What Biggles said. The DGX-670 is a piano-focused keyboard with limited arranger features. The mid-line arrangers like PSR-SX600, PSR-SX900 are an outgrowth of "home organ" heritage. These allow you to use an FC7 expression pedal which can control the volume of sound parts in real time.

If you record as MIDI, there are utility programs (typically on a computer) that allow you to impart smooth volume changes to the recorded tracks in post-processing.

Ask a Question