Midi editing on a MAC

Reaction score
I’ve been using a PC for editing midi files for a couple years now using Power Tracks Pro. It worked wonderfully, but there’s no version compatible with MAC. I tried using a program that allows you to run PC software on a MAC but there’s no audio output selectable within the program.

Most of what I do is remove volume controls, pan everything (except click) to the left, remove instrument assignments for the tracks, and add a click track (this was very convenient in Power Tracks because you’d just open up the metronome and click the button that said write to track)

An event list editor within the program is crucial for me.

The best option for me would be to be able to use my software on the MAC but would be open to using a new program that could do all the afore mentioned without having to break the bank.

These are for backing tracks for live music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome.

There is other emulator software available so you may like to consider giving another one a try.

Not sure if Apples own freebie Garage Band will do what you want but there is a host of Music related software available, Logic Pro being Apple’s own DAW.

Reaction score
Welcome.

There is other emulator software available so you may like to consider giving another one a try.

Not sure if Apples own freebie Garage Band will do what you want but there is a host of Music related software available, Logic Pro being Apple’s own DAW.
I may just have to try another emulator. GarageBand doesn’t have the feature to edit the event list as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
I tried another emulator or whatever it’s called. Actually loads Windows 10. That worked. Thanks

Reaction score
Good news.

Do come back and advise which you used and the outcome.
I am using Parallels Desktop. I did have to purchase that and Windows though. Might have been better to purchase the Mac version of the software, but I already know how to use Power Tracks Pro and am very comfortable with it.

Reaction score
You don't actually need an emulator to run Windows on a Mac. Apple includes "Boot Camp" for that purpose. (You still need your own copy of Windows, though.) But Parallels offers the significant advantage that you don't have to reboot to switch between the Mac and Windows environments, they run simultaneously. However, it is slower. Some people use both... Parallels for convenient access to both environments when maximum Windows performance is not an issue, and Boot Camp for when they are running more demanding Windows apps. The two can share the same Windows installation, which saves disk space and also means that any changes you make when working in one environment persist when you switch to the other; or you can create two distinct installations, which enables some additional Parallels features. Described at: https://kb.parallels.com/112941

So, Browala, if you occasionally wish your Windows performance were faster, you can use your copy of Windows to also use Boot Camp, and then you could use it either way.

Ask a Question