Connecting midi KB with Another Main KB

Reaction score
I've a midi keyboard.I want to connect it as a slave keyboard with my another Korg Kross2 keyboard (Main Keyboard).I mean I just wanna use my midi kb's key with my main kb's tone....Is it possible? If,then plz show me the proccedure asap...

Reaction score
plug the midi out of the slave to the Midi In of the main keyboard. Set the MIDI channel on both keyboards to the same channel. Turn the volume down on the slave keyboard to zero or minimum. When you play the slave it should play whatever program the master is set to, that is both keyboards should play the program that is up on the master at the same time. This is the simplist way I can explain it. What you should do is actually create program/setup/performance (whatever your slave keyboard uses) on your slave with a destination of MIDI, so that you don't have to turn the slave's volume to minimum or zero. This way when playing the slave it doesn't play the internal sounds of that keyboard as well as the master's program, it will only send to master and ignore the internal sounds of its own keyboard. Since you provided no details about the midi keyboard the safest bet to get you up and running is to set the volume to zero on the SLAVE keyboard and ensure both keyboards are set to the same midi channel.

Also, read this: http://www.tweakheadz.com/how_to_get_started_with_midi.html

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What brand and model is the MIDI keyboard? Does it have MIDI DIN ports or just a USB-MIDI port? Is it just a MIDI controller or can it make sounds of its own?

The answer to the first question should let us look up the answers to the other two questions, but those things will determine what your options are for connecting the keyboard to the KROSS, and whether you need to disable any sounds on the keyboard.

Reaction score
I have had that type setup for past 12 years T2 + NP30 Twinset works very well.
The lower is muted so all sounds are produced from the T2.
Chords & Styles of T2 are triggered from NP30 This leave me with a full upper T2 so I can split to 3 voice zones.

Attachments

• T2 Plus NP30. MordauntShort Speakers..jpg
    T2 Plus NP30. MordauntShort Speakers..jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Ask a Question