MIDI files

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a programme ( free ? ) for PC ( Windows 10 ) that will allow me to import a midi file, and edit, transpose, and export to USB or floppy ?

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a programme ( free ? ) for PC ( Windows 10 ) that will allow me to import a midi file, and edit, transpose, and export to USB or floppy ?
a free program called "anvil" will do all of what you require" think its possable but cant quite remember but maybe mite be preinstalled on windows PC's as standered. i have it on my PC but cant remenber how i got it.so if not allready on yours do a google search for it. cheers.

Reaction score
um, again , just type into firefox "anvil midi" and it will come up. the program also supports audio editing as well as midi editing. cheers.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's called Anvil Studio, which is a shareware which lets you buy additional modules to add features.

If you want a FREE as in BEER fully functional DAW, look at Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Reaction score
There is a nice free application for Windows and Linux called MidiEditor, that allows simple MIDI operations. I use it to add CC events to my MIDI files. (these events can change plugin parameters or trigger various actions)

Reaction score
Absolutely agree! CakeWalk 9.03 is the best for MIDI edition during so many years. To say - if you will not find some useful tools in it for your edition process - you can take (or create by yourself) a lot of additional tools - so called CALs.
Also it is possible to make any Studioware to control in real time your midi device and put all data into MIDI file!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I was running 10.0 personal edition up to 2 years ago when after a crash even WINE under Linux would no longer do a fresh install. Using a Mac now. Took me a year to figure out the methodology but it seems to handle sequencing AND audio combinations that the old time software couldn't handle in those days because the hardware was just being invented.

Honestly, I'm happy I no longer have to roll my own INS files after a swop. But even if you're married to M$, you should really crawl out of your caves and learn a new workflow.

Just my $0.02 :D

Ask a Question