Midi keyboard lessons app?

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought an Arturia MiniLab MK2 and I want to learn how to play it.
Is there a free online or offline app for my PC to learn how to play it?
I would prefer if the app is able to connect to my MiniLab MK2 controller.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought an Arturia MiniLab MK2 and I want to learn how to play it.
Is there a free online or offline app for my PC to learn how to play it?
I would prefer if the app is able to connect to my MiniLab MK2 controller.

Thanks.
I think that you need to be more specific. Do you want to learn the functionality of your new unit, or do you want to learn how to play piano?

If you want to learn how to learn the functionality of your unit, then you need to read the manual and/or look up videos on YouTube on how it works.

If you want to learn how to play piano, then there is a lot of software out there to help with that. You can also find a piano teacher in your area who you will have to likely pay for them to teach you.

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
I think that you need to be more specific. Do you want to learn the functionality of your new unit, or do you want to learn how to play piano?

If you want to learn how to learn the functionality of your unit, then you need to read the manual and/or look up videos on YouTube on how it works.

If you want to learn how to play piano, then there is a lot of software out there to help with that. You can also find a piano teacher in your area who you will have to likely pay for them to teach you.

Grace,
Harry
I want to learn how to play the piano.
I'm looking for a free piano lesson app because I don't have money to hire a piano teacher.

Reaction score
There are a lot of options online that you can choose from.

I have not used any of them and since I was classically trained, by a piano teacher, I am not sure how well the individual study programs work. I also have taught piano (among other instruments) and was personally involved with my students, face to face.

I cannot recommend any single program, as I have never used them. Simply Google 'Free piano study courses' or something and see what comes up. I know that Skoove is one option, as I have seen that when I buy something from Korg. I am sure that Casio and Yamaha have something they use as well, as does Roland. With regard to apps, I am also sure that there are many for Android and iOS, but I am not privy to any of their names or features.

Good Luck to you :)

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
If you look at this website you will see a list of various Apps.

I very much doubt you will find any quality of tutorial App that is not free or at least has some form of subscription.

Simply Piano, Playground sessions, Skoove & Flowkey are Apps that have been suggested to and tried by members but alas members join, they receive advice and fail to return or contribute or report on their success, hence just how these Apps have worked for them is unknown.

Reaction score
I have Hydrocephalus and am not able to work.
My brother is the only one in my family who has a job.
He bought me the Arturia MiniLab MK2, but he can't afford to buy me piano lessons.

Reaction score
Sorry to read of your issues, we fully understand your difficulties.

Can you confirm that you can connect your keyboard to your computer and are able to use some app to get sounds out of it?

Whilst not what you seek a compromise may have to be considered.

There are hundreds of video tutorials online that can help you learn to play to learn the theory.

We have a host of links already within the forum posts if you care to search for them.

Is there any Hydrocephalus support groups or charities in the Country where you live that could be approached to provide assistance in some way?

Reaction score
Sorry to read of your issues, we fully understand your difficulties.

Can you confirm that you can connect your keyboard to your computer and are able to use some app to get sounds out of it?

Whilst not what you seek a compromise may have to be considered.

There are hundreds of video tutorials online that can help you learn to play to learn the theory.

We have a host of links already within the forum posts if you care to search for them.

Is there any Hydrocephalus support groups or charities in the Country where you live that could be approached to provide assistance in some way?
Thanks for your support, Biggles. I really appreciate your help.
I can connect my Midi to my computer.

Ask a Question