MIDI Songs with Cords

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a source other than Yamaha to download Gospel midi songs with cords as I'm just a brand new owner of a DGX-230 and I would like these to play with the accompaniment feature untill I can learn some cords. Yamaha has only 3 gospel downloads available and I understand (?) that the midi songs have to have cord data associated witth them to work with this feature. Can anyone help??

Jim

Reaction score
Jim,
Download PSRUTI. A great and free program you can use to make in ANY midi the chords visible and play them on a computer or keyboard. Some keyboards can display also these chords or even the songtext if it was added into the midi.
Another thing you can do with this program is transpose the midi into a key that you are maybe more comfortable with to play or to a singers voice. If you transpose to another key, the chords transpose with it.

Reaction score
Thanks Dick. As may be obvious, I am an absolute neuby to playing keyboard and know absolutely nothing about midi.
I have just downloaded PSRUTI, but have not had a chance to look into the program yet. How steep of a learning curve is there with this program or is it an intuitive one?

Jim

Reaction score
Oops Jim,
My advice is to play around with the keyboard first. One step at the time as a wise person said. If you don't know what midi is than PSRUTI is not going to do much good yet. But keep it for later!
In general: Any keyboard or synthesizer is a midi-instrument and MIDI is a sort of standard computer language telling the soundprocessor inside the kboard what sort of action is going on. The key that is pressed, how hard or soft, how long or short and what sort of voice (piano, violin, saxophone and so on) is used and the sort of accompaniment that is activated.
This all comes out the speakers as music but midi as such is NOT music.
If a keyboard is able to record you performence, it will record it as MIDI thus a long stream of info. And when you download a midi from internet or from another keyboard and are able to put it in your keyboard and play it, the keyboard will translate this midi-info-language into the music you hear.

Now it is time for my lunch.
Come back with questions, we all had to start one day.
DickR

Ask a Question