Mount A Strap To A Keyboard

Reaction score
I have an inexpensive keyboard so I'm less afraid to modify it. It only weighs about 6 pounds, less than some guitars. I'm think of mounting a strap to it and playing standing up. Does that work or is it difficult to play in that position?

Reaction score
I play other instruments besides keyboards, so for me personally I think it would be
difficult to find a position where it would not feel awkward. Don

Reaction score
Actually, from way back in mists of history, the Korg Poly 800 had little mouting thingies for a shoulder strap.

The Y-man

You're right! I had one of those many years ago and had forgotten about the "buttons"
on the sides. I can't remember playing it in that configuration though. D

Reaction score
Please don't. No offense but keyboard players never, EVER look cool wearing strap on synths. It's a keyboard, it should be played horizontally, not hanging off your shoulder. :)

Reaction score
I play the roland ax-synth and it's fine. Kind of like you're playing lying down with the keyboard on your lap. It'd be difficult to reach your mod and pitch bend wheels though..

Ask a Question