My pa4x wont turn on.

Reaction score
I tried to turn on my pa4x but its loading for a long time and it never came to the home screen. It looks like its on a loop the whole time. it says the loading screen and everything then it starts again with a big logo KORG in white and it never ends it just wont turn on. Idk what could the problem be!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check your manual for how to do a factory reset.

It could also need a firmware reinstall.

If that doesn't fix it then it's service time.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome.

First, email Korg support to explain your problem.

Hopefully you will get a quick response.

The manual does not contain info on a reset only on performing a restore which itself requires the keyboard to fully boot up.

If needed you could try reloading the latest OS to overwrite everything, download the file and read the install instructions after you copy the expanded file onto a usb drive.

The install will be (if memory serves me correctly hence read the instruction file) press and hold Intro 1 then power up, it will then go to the files on the usb drive and you follow the on screen instructions

I do hope that you have created a Backup and a Save All file they are two separate files and it is the Save All file you will need toRestore you user data which will be erased by installing the OS.

Waiting for Korg support to respond is imo the way to go first.

When this has happened to others on another forum namely the Korg Forum the dickhead given the advice always has failed to return to update the post, hence do return and update us.

Reaction score
I tried to turn on my pa4x but its loading for a long time and it never came to the home screen. It looks like its on a loop the whole time. it says the loading screen and everything then it starts again with a big logo KORG in white and it never ends it just wont turn on. Idk what could the problem be!
Hi Luca, My Pa4x has the same problem! were you able to fix your keyboard? Let me know

Reaction score
this is why i no longer respond to 1st time posters.... it's mostly waste of time. it would be interesting to see how many one time posters we actually have.

Reaction score
Hi Luca, My Pa4x has the same problem! were you able to fix your keyboard? Let me know

Load the latest OS on a new memory stick, and read and follow the instructions that are in the location where you unzipped the OS file.

That will overwrite the existing OS which seems corrupted.

Hope you have a Save All file otherwise you will loose all your user data.

Reaction score
do note on old hardware.
Elco's loose their value due a higher resistance. so even when the elco looks good it still can wrong values.
With corrupted hardware : firmware upgrade or current firmware reinstall can work but if it still not works, then hardware error.

I have a technics organ where 2 +5V IC's where dismounted so when the organ started, it hangs cause the +5V DC became +25V AC.
I mailed the lady thet this cost 800 euro but that was too much for her so she agreed to give the organ tot Stecotech so will fix it but the 10 boards are damaged so repair this take very long.

Reaction score
do note on old hardware.
Elco's loose their value due a higher resistance. so even when the elco looks good it still can wrong values.
With corrupted hardware : firmware upgrade or current firmware reinstall can work but if it still not works, then hardware error.

I have a technics organ where 2 +5V IC's where dismounted so when the organ started, it hangs cause the +5V DC became +25V AC.
I mailed the lady thet this cost 800 euro but that was too much for her so she agreed to give the organ tot Stecotech so will fix it but the 10 boards are damaged so repair this take very long.
In this case the Korg Pa 4X will be between 2 and 8 years old so component failure will likely be a low probability.

Reaction score
And where is the synthesizer made? China. When I build something I always choose Nichicon condensers and sure no IC's on aliexpress or alibaba but drom Digikey, Farnell just to avoid fraud IC's. Ebay far less problems and sure not from China vendors.

Ask a Question