Linking my Pa4x to my iPad/songbook

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a korg PA4X and I am trying to sync it with songbook as I have approximately 300 song's on songbook, when I used to turn my iPad songbook and Pa4x everything used to link up and when I choose a song the music came up and linked to my Pa4x and the backing was automatic, after moving the Pa4x now the songbook and Pa4x don't link up so now I've got the music but the backing track doesn't happen, can anyone help me out on this one please. I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to pressing the right buttons which is a massive downfall trying to put things right.
Derrick 46

Reaction score
Welcome.

I am a bit rusty with the PA OS but if I can make a couple of suggestions and ask a couple of questions it will get the ball rolling.

Firstly, does the internal to the Pa Songbook function normally?

Next, do you have a USB stick connected with a Songbook on it?

I have not used the third party Songbook App so cannot really advise on it?

What I will ask is if your iPad has updated itself recently as IOS 15 has just been released and if you have updated the iPad or have auto update set then that may be the culprit!.

Before you do anything with your Pa I will ask another question, do you have a Backup File and a file created by the Media>Save>select>All process?

If not put a new USB stick in your Pa, format it there and then create the two files I quoted, I’ll explain more about them in another post..

Reaction score
Hi, answer to the first two questions is yes, I don't think it has updated I have a USB created for me, got about 300 song's on. It all only happened when moved it's and when I connected it up again it wouldn't do it it's like my iPad songbook isn't talking to the pa.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link and your help, I'm a bit concerned now, I've done all that, everything seems to be ok regarding songbook, but still not connecting with the pa, so looks like I'll have to call in the experts, I really wanted to do it myself as it's a pain in the ass being stuck and having to get someone to do it, it's just the fact I'm not very cleaver in this area and where I have to go parking is useless can take up to an hour to find a spot.
Cheers Derrick

Reaction score
Derrick

I do not know in which country you are but you could always ring the Store where you bought the 4X.

I know that the dealer near me gives a lifetime support themselves on the kit they sell plus many of the sales staff use a 4X professionally.

Reaction score
I'm in Leicester, got every keyboard over the past few years from Keysound they are very friendly and helpful, but I was hoping to be able to sort it out myself, they are great to deal with I would just like to be able to sort everything myself through people like yourself but it is very difficult when you got someone like me not able to explain in detail what's happening, but the link you sent me was brilliant and in my eyes that should work it's just down to me probably missing something, I'm going to have a go again in a bit. I have learned quite a bit from that link and this is what I need, I've got the Yamaha clavinova 809 as well.
One other question, I'm not very impressed with the guitar sounds on the Pa4x is there anything I can do about that.

Reaction score
Guitar sounds can be customised via the Menu Mixer/Tuning I wrote about in your other post.

There is also another way, find an existing Song in the internal Songbook that has the guitar sound you like and save it to a User Bank Location.

Osimo songs have some good guitar sounds ie Hank Marvin of The Shadows and this to can be saved to a user bank location.

Reaction score
Guitar sounds can be customised via the Menu Mixer/Tuning I wrote about in your other post.

There is also another way, find an existing Song in the internal Songbook that has the guitar sound you like and save it to a User Bank Location.

Osimo songs have some good guitar sounds ie Hank Marvin of The Shadows and this to can be saved to a user bank location.
I must have missed that, I'm ok with mixer unit's so I won't be concerned playing around with that, I'll have a go at that later or tomorrow.thanks.

Ask a Question