My setup

Reaction score
Hi here is my new Yamaha PSR s970 and my new Baby Taylor guitar l think need to get a foot pedal but not sure yet which should get l know l need the volume and a clicking one but not sure which brand l have used Roland in the past and they worked very well

ok have a good day all from a snowy stoke on trent UK

regards
allan

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 324

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What brand of X-stand are you using? It looks like there are bolts to hold the height adjuster solidly in place?

I use my keyboard's music stand as a tablet stand, too. :)

Most brands of foot controllers should be compatible. The type of pedal is usually more important than the brand.

Sustain pedals are often simple on/off controllers (like the Yamaha FC4A and FC5), but some can also be used for "half-dampening" (like the Yamaha FC3A). However, I don't think you can use a half-dampening pedal with a given model of keyboard unless it supports that type of sustain pedal-- which apparently the PSR-S970 doesn't do, since the FC3A isn't listed among the compatible foot controllers, whereas the FC4A and FC5 are. So if you decide to buy a non-Yamaha sustain pedal, make sure it's just a simple on/off pedal rather than a half-dampening pedal.

As for the volume/expression pedal, I think just about anything should work fine.

Reaction score
Hey Allan,

Nice setup mate. Love the guitar strap - perfect for Jimi Hendrix Woodstock work.

You will have zero issues with that stand. It will not have your keyboard-playing brethren gasping with admiration, awe and wonder, and may also not get you invited to the cooler night spots. However it will perform its primary function (preventing your Yamaha from interacting with the floor) as the manufacturer intended.

And I agree with your strategy proposed in the other thread. Buy another stand and tell your wife that you need a keyboard to fill it. Genius!

Enjoy!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I saw the cameras too. Most impressive however I am not a camera buff.
Is it bad that I didn't even notice the camera collection and had to pull up the photo again
No way!
Actually you have a sharp eye to notice the bolt configuration of the height adjustor. I had to pull up the photo again to check out what you saw.
Ray

Reaction score
hi well as for the cameras most of them are what l have used when l used to be a photographer but some of the more expensive ones are not on show. the oldest one l have is the same one bonnie and Clyde used its a Kodak 1912. my son is a full time wedding photographer these days but how things have changed much the same as keyboard, and here the storage thing he too is a keyboard player and like myself he has not played for a few year but when l bought this s970 it opens his eyes

ok my friend happy Christmas from a very snowy stoke on trent

Reaction score
What brand of X-stand are you using? It looks like there are bolts to hold the height adjuster solidly in place?

I use my keyboard's music stand as a tablet stand, too. :)

Most brands of foot controllers should be compatible. The type of pedal is usually more important than the brand.

Sustain pedals are often simple on/off controllers (like the Yamaha FC4A and FC5), but some can also be used for "half-dampening" (like the Yamaha FC3A). However, I don't think you can use a half-dampening pedal with a given model of keyboard unless it supports that type of sustain pedal-- which apparently the PSR-S970 doesn't do, since the FC3A isn't listed among the compatible foot controllers, whereas the FC4A and FC5 are. So if you decide to buy a non-Yamaha sustain pedal, make sure it's just a simple on/off pedal rather than a half-dampening pedal.

As for the volume/expression pedal, I think just about anything should work fine.
Hi l am pretty sure its stag when l bought the keyboard they gave me that free and l like things that are free, mind is anything free today lol have a nice day hope you not got snow too

Ask a Question