Rig setup question

Reaction score
I have a Samson Graphite 49 that I'm running with my MacBook pro using MainStage. How exactly do I need to run my setup to hook it up to the mixing board? I am planning to run click from the computer as well so I need two outs to go to the board. I was thinking of using a 2 in/2 out interface but wasn't sure how the cords need to be hooked up since the keyboard needs the computer for sound. Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I would think:

Keyboard controller to computer - I assume via USB cable (USB-MIDI)

Computer audio output to mixer - via audio cable(s)

Never heard of Click, what is it?

tjw

Reaction score
I think you may mean "click" as the metronome sound for tempo setting and following. @SeaGtGruff has given you a good method.

You would indeed require two audio outputs, one for the "program", one for the "click". A computer sound card could be used with program on one of the stereo pair, click on the other.

You could use the mixer to feed both click and program to your headphones or monitor, and program alone to your audience.

Back in the day (if I'm allowed to show my age :) ) I added cue notes along with the "click" track so that I could play immediately at the start of the song with the track (mixed with no piano).

Last edited:

Ask a Question