Need a good piano arrangement for Kansas "The Wall"

Reaction score
I have been searching and can't seem to find an arrangement that includes the instrumental pieces in the middle and the end.
I tried anthem software to extract the notes and it did but it's kind of a jumbled mess and i dont' have enough know how to simplify it.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi Lisa,

You could purchase a chart perhaps?

Alternatively I had a scout around on YouTube and there's a couple of guys having a crack at it.

Yet another alternative would be to have a look at the chord patterns for the parts you mention on a site like ultimateguitar.com and extrapolate from there. They're not always 100% correct but it can give you some clues and a starting point.

Good luck!

Reaction score
hi-
you mean a guitar tab chart?
that is the sheet music that I have. funny How it’s missing half the song, lol.
if I were a better musician I could piece it together. I just returned to piano after a long hiatus
so perhaps it will take me a while. This is one of my absolute favorite songs.
I think Steve Walsh didn’t get enough recognition for his vocal ability. He shines in this.

Reaction score
you mean a guitar tab chart?
Not exactly guitar tabs but sites like this will map out the chord changes for you. From there if you use your ear you can often piece together the exact notes being played.

Just be aware that sometimes the chord charts can be inaccurate so you still need to rely on your ear. But frankly so can sheet music!

I play in two tribute and one covers band so I'm constantly trying to work out exactly what is being played in different songs, it's not always easy as sometimes the keyboards are buried pretty deep in the mix. These are the sort of tricks I use to get the parts down. Usually it's a combination of sources.

Back when I was younger it was a case of constantly playing and rewinding cassette tapes, listening carefully and painstakingly transcribing by hand. Or scouring shops for the sheet music. Modern tech makes it so much easier to learn songs than it was back then!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not exactly guitar tabs but sites like this will map out the chord changes for you. From there if you use your ear you can often piece together the exact notes being played.

Just be aware that sometimes the chord charts can be inaccurate so you still need to rely on your ear. But frankly so can sheet music!

I play in two tribute and one covers band so I'm constantly trying to work out exactly what is being played in different songs, it's not always easy as sometimes the keyboards are buried pretty deep in the mix. These are the sort of tricks I use to get the parts down. Usually it's a combination of sources.

Back when I was younger it was a case of constantly playing and rewinding cassette tapes, listening carefully and painstakingly transcribing by hand. Or scouring shops for the sheet music. Modern tech makes it so much easier to learn songs than it was back then!
Oh I remember rewinding and playing back cassettes to learn song lyrics. Lol.
good ole days

Reaction score
It's 17 seconds of a piano lead. Shouldn't be too hard to learn just by listening to it. Take it in 5 second chunks; learn the 5 seconds then move to the next 5 seconds. You should have the whole thing figured out in about 20 minutes.

Ask a Question