New EK-50 owner looking for patch/keyboard set/sound recommendations

Reaction score
Hi there; just got my new EK-50 and have been browsing through all the keyboard sets; loving the sounds so far, curious if anyone has some recommendations for sounds not in the default sets that work well for:
- "barky" rhodes for Riders on the Storm?
- piano bass split other than the built in keyboard set? (mostly the bass I'm asking about)
- I was going to ask about any transistory organ sounds for House of the Rising Sun, but I just noticed a Vox in the sound list, will try that when I get home

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi there; just got my new EK-50 and have been browsing through all the keyboard sets; loving the sounds so far, curious if anyone has some recommendations for sounds not in the default sets that work well for:
- "barky" rhodes for Riders on the Storm?
- piano bass split other than the built in keyboard set? (mostly the bass I'm asking about)
- I was going to ask about any transistory organ sounds for House of the Rising Sun, but I just noticed a Vox in the sound list, will try that when I get home

Thanks!
Looking for the same, just got one also, this thing is pretty good.

Reaction score
Starting to really have a problem with the EK-50's sharp-edged white keys... Especially with the left little finger - with octaves you really can feel the sharp inner edge of the key when stretching the hand. Why did Korg do this? :confused:

Reaction score
To put no finer point on the matter some Korg keybeds belong on a $75 kids keyboard.

It was one of the reasons why I sold both my Kross 2 and my Pa700, both keybeds sucked.

Ask a Question