New, T5 Owner

Reaction score
I'm a T5 owner in an olde accordion players skin. The squeezebox just got too cumbersome to play anymore, not to mention that the phalanges have shifted into a slower gear these days. When my father-in law used to listen to me play he would say that I was pretty good at "tickling the ivory's". If nothing else, I am sure that my playing was at least entertaining to him.
With these newer synths and arranger keyboards I have discovered that now I can let the keyboard do most of the work while I relax and stab away at the keys. Great inventions these arrangers! So....accordion....to Casio....to Yamaha T5. What a progression...but an enjoyable one.
The previous owner of this keyboard was a home musician who purchased it new a few years back and has since moved on to a Genos. I see on the forums that some of the other musicians that have done this want their old T5's back. I guess like with everything else, there are going to be some glitches with the new and improved model. That is why there are "updates".
This looks to be a great place to hang out with some very helpful people involved giving out great information. I am looking forward to the interaction. BTW....if I can be of any assistance to anyone please don't hesitate to reach out.
Happy New Year to All,
Rich

Ad

Advertisements

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's good to have you with us, Rich! Happy New Year to you, as well. :)

Reaction score
Welcome to you Rich. I will be looking at upgrading my Casio in the near future as well. If a great deal on a WK-7600 comes along I might grab that but I as well am looking at the T-5. LOL I did find a Lowrey Royal for under 2 grand the other day....but it is not very portable so I think I'll just stick to a duel keyboard set up for now.

Reaction score
Welcome to you Rich. I will be looking at upgrading my Casio in the near future as well. If a great deal on a WK-7600 comes along I might grab that but I as well am looking at the T-5. LOL I did find a Lowrey Royal for under 2 grand the other day....but it is not very portable so I think I'll just stick to a duel keyboard set up for now.
RedBeard,

Going from a Casio to a Tyros 5 was a bigger step than I ever imagined! I feel that with all this "new" keyboard has to offer I will never outgrow it. I must say, it is fun and challenging learning how to "arrange", even if I'm not a pro. If you get one of these you will not regret it for one second.

With that all said I know there are other keyboards out there offering similar features and capabilities. You really can't go wrong with any of them. What conclusively sold me on the Yamaha T5 was the sound. It just came across with more purity in the voicing than any of the other arranger keyboards I listened to. I am fortunate to have found this one in "like new" condition.

I am sure you already know that Reverb.com is an excellent source for both new and preowned keyboards at fair market prices. Keep me posted as to how you make out...and, if you have any questions about the T5, please don't hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them as best I can for you.

Regards,
Rich

Ad

Advertisements

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Welcome Rich. A tardy welcome but still . . .
Glad you are here. All tyros owners will benefit your experiences to share I am sure. They look like complicated instruments.
Ray

Reaction score
RedBeard,

Going from a Casio to a Tyros 5 was a bigger step than I ever imagined! I feel that with all this "new" keyboard has to offer I will never outgrow it. I must say, it is fun and challenging learning how to "arrange", even if I'm not a pro. If you get one of these you will not regret it for one second.

With that all said I know there are other keyboards out there offering similar features and capabilities. You really can't go wrong with any of them. What conclusively sold me on the Yamaha T5 was the sound. It just came across with more purity in the voicing than any of the other arranger keyboards I listened to. I am fortunate to have found this one in "like new" condition.

I am sure you already know that Reverb.com is an excellent source for both new and preowned keyboards at fair market prices. Keep me posted as to how you make out...and, if you have any questions about the T5, please don't hesitate to ask. I will try to answer them as best I can for you.

Regards,
Rich
Thank you Rich, I will keep your offer of help in mind. I have recently been looking at the PSR-SX900. Seems that there are so many great options out there. Playing them, before I buy one, will be the deciding factor when I get to that point.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thank you Rich, I will keep your offer of help in mind. I have recently been looking at the PSR-SX900. Seems that there are so many great options out there. Playing them, before I buy one, will be the deciding factor when I get to that point.
Watching the manufacturers video tutorials will greatly aid you in learning about the SX.

The Yamaha SX is vastly superior to their S series but do check out Korg which has their Pa1000 at a similar price point and it is imho is vastly superior.

Ask a Question