New XK-5 Owner just signed up

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am a certified Hammond nut and just got a new XK-5, in the past I've had a C-3, A-100, XK-1, Sk2, and now the flagship XK-5 which I am pretty happy with except for some software glitches that I hope will be resolved by hammond. I like synths as well especially MOOG's, I had to sell my Sub-37 to get the XK-5. I play in a couple of old man bands, mostly blues/rock with enough eclectic stuff thrown in to keep it fun, working on "Swamp" from the Talking Heads and miss the MOOG already.

Reaction score
Hammond will work out the software bugs so no worries there. I have heard some horror stories though regarding the wood panel issues. It seems the wood is shipped with nicks, scratches, and mismatches in coloration and stain. Replacement panels are even in worse condition. I'm also hearing that the internal leslie sim is not as great as billed. I hear though that the keybed is super!

Reaction score
Mine is a beauty, they really upgraded the finish compared to the XK-1 or Sk2. I think the Leslie sim is better than the others as well but I am not super picky about it as I have a 3300. The keybed is the sweet icing on the cake, it looks, feels, and sounds like the real deal, quite a treat after the Sk2.

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am a certified Hammond nut and just got a new XK-5, in the past I've had a C-3, A-100, XK-1, Sk2, and now the flagship XK-5 which I am pretty happy with except for some software glitches that I hope will be resolved by hammond. I like synths as well especially MOOG's, I had to sell my Sub-37 to get the XK-5. I play in a couple of old man bands, mostly blues/rock with enough eclectic stuff thrown in to keep it fun, working on "Swamp" from the Talking Heads and miss the MOOG already.
Welcome!

Ask a Question