Need help setting up SL88 Studio

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have the above keyboard & yesterday started setting it up. I’m using it with Logic.

It’s receiving my data and I’m seeing the midi data in the piano roll but here’s the thing; if I manually try editing the notes in piano roll they duplicate and become silent.

Also, if I draw in additional notes in piano roll they’re silent.

I’ve been advised I need to make sure that:
1. the board is only transmitting on MIDI channel one.
2. make sure that the board is not in layer mode or it will be transmitting two notes at once.

I’m not sure how to get these two things sorted and I’ve got tonnes of work on, so need to rectify asap. Could someone help please?!

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have the above keyboard & yesterday started setting it up. I’m using it with Logic.

It’s receiving my data and I’m seeing the midi data in the piano roll but here’s the thing; if I manually try editing the notes in piano roll they duplicate and become silent.

Also, if I draw in additional notes in piano roll they’re silent.

I’ve been advised I need to make sure that:
1. the board is only transmitting on MIDI channel one.
2. make sure that the board is not in layer mode or it will be transmitting two notes at once.

I’m not sure how to get these two things sorted and I’ve got tonnes of work on, so need to rectify asap. Could someone help please?!

Not sure I understand your issue as described.

You know this is just a controller right, that doesn't make any sounds?

If you see no LED's lit above (UP, Down, Enter/Edit) and only one Zone LED lit then it is not layering.

Your other issues sound like DAW issues and I don't know Logic so can't help you there.

Ask a Question