Pink Floyd: Shine On Parts 2 & 3 Live Video

Discussion in 'My Music' started by CowboyNQ, Sep 12, 2018.

1. CowboyNQ

CowboyNQ

Hi All,

A mashup of two recent tour shows - both sellouts I'm pleased to report. Shows the contrast in lighting depending on the limitations or otherwise of the venue we use.

As the audio was captured via smartphone and was then completely hacked apart by YouTube's compression, it's not amazing, but still gives you a good feel for what's going on.

For those interested, there's a keys solo, handled by the King Korg and commencing at 2:34.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    CowboyNQ, Sep 12, 2018
    SAM CA, Biggles, happyrat1 and 3 others like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. CowboyNQ

Rayblewit Love Music / Love Life

WOW!
    Fantastic Paul.
    The sound comes through superbly. Was it dubbed? Or is it all smartphone?
    Gutsy Bass makes me think it was dubbed.
    Anyway well done!
    Thanks for the link. Would love to see more like that!
    cheers
    Ray

Rayblewit, Sep 12, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. CowboyNQ

CowboyNQ

Thank you Ray, very kind words.

The sound is a 100% smartphone capture from an audience member who was kind enough to share one of the vids on Facebook and give us permission to publish. No overdubs or edits.

CowboyNQ, Sep 12, 2018
    Rayblewit likes this.
  4. CowboyNQ

Becky Administrator

Very impressive! The sound isn't too bad considering it was just recorded using a smart phone. Must be a real buzz being part of such a successful group! :D

Becky, Sep 12, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
  5. CowboyNQ

Biggles

Great sound and pretty good recording for a smartphone.

Seriously impressed.

Biggles, Sep 12, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
  6. CowboyNQ

SAM CA

What? You don't record your performances? At least That's a nice band and I liked the performance. Lighting is pretty good too! I would totally start recording!

SAM CA, Sep 12, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
  7. CowboyNQ

CowboyNQ

Thanks Becky! It sure is a buzz - we've worked very hard on this project for the last six years and it's very rewarding to see our labours bear fruit.

Thanks very much Col!

Thanks Sam! We actually do have some pro-quality recordings taken from some live shows we did back in 2015. But you're right, we need to make some new recordings. One for the "to-do" list. At the moment we're about to wrap up our tour and then we'll be flat out learning a new show.

CowboyNQ, Sep 13, 2018
    Becky and SAM CA like this.
  8. CowboyNQ

SAM CA

Do you guys do originals as well?

SAM CA, Sep 13, 2018
  9. CowboyNQ

CowboyNQ

Many moons ago when I was in my 20's I used to be in an "originals" band. We had a blast writing, recording and performing our songs but sadly world domination eluded us.

These days I am in two tribute acts and two rock covers acts. I do miss the fun of writing original music, but I must say I don't miss playing live to a total audience of a grumpy bar manager, five mates and the band's girlfriends!

CowboyNQ, Sep 13, 2018
    Rayblewit likes this.
  10. CowboyNQ

Biggles

Over here in the UK we seem to have more Tribute acts than we have originals, I live in a City of about 125,000 and at our local Theatre between now and the end of December we have 14 Tribute acts performing and a few original wrinklies. By wrinklies I mean Bands that have been around the block a few times with frequently many changes in members.

We saw The Drifters (probably the mark 20 version) a few weeks ago, they were impressive.

We even have The Australian Pink Floyd show in a few weeks.

This Saturday we go and see The Blues Band who have been going since 1979, with Paul Jones, Tom McGuinness, Dave Kelly and Rob Towsend some if the members, they are still awesome.

Biggles, Sep 13, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
  11. CowboyNQ

CowboyNQ

Yes tribute bands are big here in Australia too Col, as are the "wrinklies".

Big difference between touring Australia and the UK is the sheer distance and much smaller population base. Makes it very tricky to make the financials stack up, particularly for a show like ours which has a very high cost base, runs at low margins and high risk. As such we don't have any real competition in this country apart from a mob from NZ who do a quick and very effective smash and grab once a year.

We are starting to make financial and reputational inroads now though and I expect this will inspire others to attempt to enter the "Pink Floyd" market in the next 18 months or so.

I'm also waiting for the day one of the big overseas PF tribute acts like Aussie Floyd or Brit Floyd decides to try their hand down here. Hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will one day.

CowboyNQ, Sep 13, 2018
  12. CowboyNQ

Biggles

I can appreciate that it has to be precarious over in Oz with the distances involved.

Music is a funny business, we follow a trio of Folk artists who have been together for a few years now. One member was part of a very successful Folk Rock band but when we saw the trio last year there were only about 50 people in the audience, did the guys care, no, they love doing what they do. The trio travel around in a pair of Range Rover sized SUVs loaded with all their kit and it is a full DIY job despite the senior member being seventy, we went to their sound check last year where they spent three hours setting up and playing variations in their arrangements.

Strangely one of the members is also in another band and they played on Saturday in Hyde Park London in the Radio 2 Live festival in front of 95,000 fans.

Biggles, Sep 13, 2018
    CowboyNQ likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question