Concert Video - Pink Floyd's Nobody Home

Reaction score
Howdy Keyboard Enthusiasts,

A while back I posted my version of this song, which was essentially a "how to" video for anyone interested. This is the thread:

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/video-piano-cover-of-pink-floyds-nobody-home.27574/

However a kind audience member shared an in-concert version of the song recently. So for those interested, I thought I'd give you a look at/listen to how the song goes on stage, under the pressure of live performance. Small flub in the intro included at no extra charge!

Keyboard used is a Korg SV-1 88.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Nice!

I would imagine timing would be difficult in that tune.

I listened to it twice and couldn't pick up on any flub. Beautifully played.

Ray

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I've noticed that I can spot the flaws in my playing far easier than the audience can. As Toastmasters points out, the audience isn't there to find flaws in your speech (or performance); they're there to be entertained and enlightened.

I also have to ask, how are you bringing in the strings? I didn't see you tweak any knobs or step on a pedal other than the sustain pedal. But this could just be a lack of observation on my part.

Reaction score
As Toastmasters points out, the audience isn't there to find flaws in your speech (or performance); they're there to be entertained and enlightened.
I agree wholeheartedly with that philosophy Fred. As I always say to people when I'm discussing live performance - it's not whether or not you make errors (I always make plenty), it's how you deal with them. People don't come to your shows wanting you to fail.

I also have to ask, how are you bringing in the strings?
The SV-1 has a great big panel of 8 "favourites" buttons that face the player at an approximately 45 degree angle. It makes it very easy to whack a button to change patches while you're playing. I have my preferred piano sound saved in one slot and piano with strings in another.

Beautifully played.

Thanks for your kind words Ray.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
The SV-1 has a great big panel of 8 "favourites" buttons that face the player at an approximately 45 degree angle. It makes it very easy to whack a button to change patches while you're playing. I have my preferred piano sound saved in one slot and piano with strings in another.

Didn't notice you hitting the button. Probably simpler than what I might have tried, which would be a expression pedal controlling the volume of the strings and not the piano. All in all, a very nice job live. (And a good three minute pee break for the rest of the band.)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice piece of work Paul...

Personally I can never get a damned thing right on the first or second take.

Then again I'd rather be a studio session player than a gigging band member if I had my druthers :)

Well done :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
All in all, a very nice job live. (And a good three minute pee break for the rest of the band.)
Thanks very much Fred. Yes a nice rest for the guitarists!

Nice piece of work Paul...

Personally I can never get a damned thing right on the first or second take.

Then again I'd rather be a studio session player than a gigging band member if I had my druthers
Thanks for your nice words Gary. Yeah there's a lot to be said for not having to drive 100's of kms to gigs, lug heavy equipment, and deal with cheap hotels, hard to argue with you on those points. But the wonderful and positive interaction with the audience during and after the show keeps us going!

Ask a Question