Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Rehearsal Video

Reaction score
Hey All,

Here's a little video we did on the spur of the moment. One of the young lads who sings in one of our choirs dropped in to rehearsal to have a crack at "'Wish You Were Here".

Just filmed on a phone, so not particularly pro a/v. However if you're interested, fast forward to 5:20 to hear us perform the song live - much better audio quality.

Piano: Rehearsal - Korg SV-1; Live - Kurzweil SP4-7
Synth Horns: King Korg

Cheers!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this. The kid's got talent :)

Gary ;)

PS. What time is it now in Australia? Cowboy do you EVER sleep? :D

Reaction score
Cowboy, really cool. The boy is already a great musician. Congratulations to you all.
Thanks very much Oriane. He does a great job and he hasn't been learning guitar for long. He sings in a choir we use in one of our shows and formed a relationship with our lead guitarist, who mentors him via email.

Here's a bit more on young William and his school mates:

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Cowboy, what wonder. Of course William:cool: will have all possible formal education that he deserves. But we can already see all the talent that he has. He will have a bright future ahead. Congratulations cowboy, that's it.

Reaction score
Cowboy, I'd really like to sit down with Roger Waters someday and tell him my story. I think it would blow his mind but with his millions of fans he's probably heard it before. I always thought I was the only one who really understood the wall just as so many think. Then I saw his interviews , his beliefs, his life. Now I know I was exactly right. Tragedy at a young age can send a kid on a journey which eventually leads out of the matrix but they don't realize that has happened yet. They just notice the effects, as he shows in the wall, and how others react to them, especially things like school authority. It comes together over time until they might finally see it, the matrix. While the media in that video seems to be suggesting a slight fear that the song may be sowing a bad seed, the truth is always a good seed and I hope it blooms in their lives at some point. Knowledge and learning are essential but unfortunately schools are about far more than that. Absolutely great work you did. Beautiful!

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ya know Cowboy, I never asked if you guys performed vintage Floyd as well as their later stuff?

Do you guys ever perform songs like One of these Days or Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun?

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary,

The oldest songs we do are from the "Meddle" album. So yes, we do "One of These Days", we don't do "Set The Controls..." but we do perform ALL of Echoes. I'll put a separate vid up of One Of These Days for you to check out.

We are often getting asked to have a go at some Syd era songs, and although we love them we've resisted as there's only so many songs you can pack into one night, and people come to our shows expecting to hear big slabs of DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, The Wall.

That being said, we're going to launch a new show next year which will focus more on Pink Floyd's journey, rather than a "greatest hits" package, so we're currently debating which vintage songs we should do. Forum member opinions would be welcome! I'm personally in favour of Arnold Layne, love the lyrics!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be honest Floyd lost me as a fan when they sold out and did Dark Side.

I do have a copy of The Wall but otherwise my Floyd collection consists of Umma Gumma, Meddle and Atom Heart Mother.

I'm planning to pick up Saucerful of Secrets sometime soon.

I wish I could find Live at Pompei on a CD but I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere. I'm not a big fan of concert DVD's.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question