Position of amp

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a Roland KC550 which I'm using for gigs - leaving our small PA free for vocals alone. Where is the best stage position for it? I've been advised to have it behind me but won't that block out the sound? Guitar and bass both use amps.
Appreciate any advice

Reaction score
If you're using the amp as a personal monitor PLUS for front of house sound (which is what it sounds like) then you need to place it where both you and the audience can hear it.

Behind you sort of makes sense in that regard.

Reaction score
If you're using the amp as a personal monitor PLUS for front of house sound (which is what it sounds like) then you need to place it where both you and the audience can hear it.

Behind you sort of makes sense in that regard.
I agree. If this is what you are using it for, I would put it behind and slightly to the side.

Reaction score
I prefer to have mine off the floor, behind me, on a speaker stand, about 6' high. that gets the sound into the audience, and keeps my head out of the "forward lobe" of the tweeter.

. Charles

Ask a Question