Power Jack Loose

Reaction score
I have a Casio WK-3000 and the jack for the power adapter has come loose. It hasn't fallen in to the keyboard, but it is loose enough that when I try to put the power adapter in, it just gets pushed in, so I can't plug in the adapter.

Is this something I can fix myself by taking the keyboard apart?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It depends on how comfortable you are with disassembling electronic hardware and using a soldering iron. Either the existing jack has pulled free from the circuit board and needs to be resoldered or else it has broken entirely and needs to be replaced.

Either way, chances are if you don't already own and use a soldering iron and judging by your post you don't, this is not what I'd call a "beginner's project" and I'd advise taking it to a tech and having it done for you.

Chances are you could phone around for a few estimates to local computer and electronics shops and describe the problem well enough over the phone to get an estimate.

Prices for the repair should run somewhere between $50 and $100 for a qualified tech to do the job.

Ask a Question