Prep For Canadian Citizenship Test...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice one. My brother in law is a Canadian ex-pat so I probably have a little more insight than most Aussies into the lovely people of Canada.

Fortunately (Unfortunately?) everything I know about Australia comes from viewing two seasons of Housos on Netflix :D I gotta give credit where its due. It's a LOT funnier than our own home grown Trailer Park Boys :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have never seen housos. I just had a look at a YouTube skit. Haha very funny. Those guys have done other shows too. They are very funny. Another one they did was "swift and shift couriers" I saw all of those episodes. Very funny. On a sad note one of those actors, Ian Turpie died of cancer aka wazza in the houso script.

Now i can see where you live Gary. Right near lake ontario. You can sail accross to the usa. What is stopping you doing that?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Mostly the crime and squalor and millions of unlicensed guns and lack of free health care.

If I have a death wish I'll just jump in front of a TTC Subway Train instead :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Fortunately (Unfortunately?) everything I know about Australia comes from viewing two seasons of Housos on Netflix :D

Well that's a decent enough start. The main things you need to know about Aussies is that we're (more or less) easy going, friendly, relaxed, welcoming and possessed of a pretty good sense of humour and perspective. We also don't take ourselves too seriously as evidenced by "Housos". We'll generally take the mickey out of ourselves before anyone else gets a chance to do it.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I was doing the college tour with my younger daughter. There were two options for the route we could take from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) to the Mannes School of Music and the Manhattan School of Music (New York City). We could either sweep south through Ohio, or drive straight across through Canada. She had never been out of the country, so we took the northern route.

Her comment? The highway signs are much more polite in Canada. And the gas station we stopped at had a self serve milkshake machine.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And if you'd had a run in with one of our cops you would have found they are nowhere near as trigger happy and skittish as State Police in the US are :D

Fortunately for us most Americans are content to travel within their own borders and rarely venture North these days.

Also the requirement of a passport to cross the border now also makes us less attractive to Americans.

All good things in my own humble estimation.

Good luck with Prezidunt Drumpf!!! :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question