Problem using headphones with juno ds88

Reaction score
I recently bought a Juno DS-88 which works perfectly when being played through speakers however when I try to use headphones I am unable to hear certain patches. Does anyone know the source of this issue and how it could be resolved?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What brand and model of headphones? Sometimes quality does make a difference.

Secondly, are you certain that you are not suffering some partial deafness that might be aggravated when using headphones or earbuds?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just did another test with one of the patches that wasn't working and could hear it faintly in the headphones when the volume was turned way up. I would be very suprised if this due to partial deafness as the problem also effect a lot of drum patches and rhythm patterns which I wouldnt have thought contained frequencies that are hard to hear.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It could still be a crappy set of headphones that's the problem. What brand and model are you using? If you can borrow another pair of audiophile grade headphones and test it out you would know for sure whether it's the phones or the keyboard.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Is it possible your headphones are only giving you one side of the stereo image? Slightly pull out the headphone jack while playing a note and see if it comes to life when pulling it out slightly. This sounds like bad headphones or a wire to me.

Ask a Question