Problem with Hammond Xk-3c and Motion Sound Pro 3x

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a newbie here. I own a Hammond Xk-3c and wish to run it thru a Motion Sound Pro 3x. I purchased an 11-pin cable that connects to the Hammond, that has two 1/4 inch jacks on the other end. One of the jacks is for the audio input to the Pro 3x and the other is for controlling the speed of the rotary speaker in the Pro 3x. (The cable was designed for use between the Xk-3c and a Leslie Studio 12.)

The cable works fine to control the audio input, however, the other jack that is supposed to control the speed of the rotor in the Motion Sound Pro 3x, does not function correctly. (When trying to control the rotor speed from the Xk-3c) having the Slow speed button depressed, the MS Pro 3x turns on the fast speed (plus, the slow speed also turns on in the Hammond sim. The reverse occurs when I depress the fast speed button on the Hammond (the MS Pro 3x turns on the slow speed (plus, the fast speed also turns on in the Hammond sim.

If the sim in the Hammond didn't also turn on with the rotor in the MS, I could live with the controls being backwards. However, I can't live with both effects on at the same time and being in reverse.

Does that make sense to anyone out there.........? Thanks in advance for any input!
jF

Reaction score
The leslie 12 wiring logic is different than the Motion Sound's. Contact (e-mail address removed) to get the correct pinout for the speed switching of the Pro3x. I tried to use my Motion Sound pedal to control my Neo Ventilator, it didnt work correctly because the wiring is different.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, dd.......
Since you have a Pro 3x then it should have come with a pedal. Open up the pedal and check how the two switches are wired to the three wires. If you adjusted your 11 pin 1/4" to emulate that wiring you should be able to convert it yourself. The ultimate would be to purchase a female to male TRS adapter (i.e. TRS female on one end, TRS male on the other). Connect those two end plugs with 3 wires but changing them to work with the motion sound, this way you can use the 11 pin connector on the studio 12 and when you want to use the Pro3x you slap the adapter to the existing switching TRS male speed switch and it will convert the wiring to the Pro 3x pedal. This way with one adapter you can use the same 11 pin wire for both leslies, the current one for the studio 12 and with the adapter plug onto the 1/4", it then converts the wiring to the Pro3x requirements.

Ask a Question