problem with my keyboard...

Reaction score
hi everyone,
last night i was playing my yamaha mm6 when this strange problem occured: the pitch went up a whole tone and the modulation rose to the highest level. after hitting a few more keys the same happened to the knob effects. this also happens everytime i turn the keyboard off and on, and i'm not able to alter the effects by turning the knobs or wheels (except for transposing, which is a software, or whatever you call it, effect). i got excatly the same problem some months ago with the same keyboard and i decided to give it to the techs. after a week they called me back saying they couldn't find any problems at all, when they both played it and unscrewed it. i want to know what this is all about. and should i give the keyboard to the techs again? i don't trust the ones in my city at all but i don't want to hear a weak fly noise when i hit the bright piano either :mad:

Reaction score
turkey/istanbul. actually it's possible to find other techs but i'm not willing to pay if it's not a major problem, the keyboard still has 5 months of warranty.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't read/understand Turkish but I'd suggest contacting Yamaha directly by phone or thru their website and explaining the problem directly to one of their reps. Obviously the last tech botched the job.

http://tr.yamaha.com/tr/services/

Find their phone number on that site and don't take no for an an answer.

Gary

Reaction score
well, the last time i went to the yamaha store to ask where i could give my keyboard they told me to bring it to the official maintence place, and that's where all of those happened -_- and there really was nothing strange with my keyboard till yesterday. so i doubt this is a common problem and can only be solved with explaining what i know to the techs, or do it myself.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Some salesman working in a store for minimum wage isn't going to have a clue about a technical problem.

My advice is to escalate to head office and talk to a level two tech.

Ask a Question