Problems with PSR-282

Reaction score
Hello,
I was given a PSR-282 a couple years ago and just this past year it has been acting strange. Whenever I play any low-ish note especially with bass sounds, with the volume sort of mid to high level the keyboard makes a sort of oscillating errrrr noise along with the display flashing along with the oscillations.
My guess is that something inside of it is getting shorted but looking at the circuit diagram made me realize that this is something above my expertise.
I was just wondering if someone has had a similar issue and might have insight into how to possibly fix it.
I know I can always get a new keyboard, but considering I'm going to college for electrical tech... It'd be a neat challenge to partake in and to possibly have an opportunity to learn something.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that model was released in 2001 making it very old and tired. Most likely time to retire it.

IMO . .ray

Reaction score
Haha... Yeah... I'm thinking about getting a new one anyways... But I figured it out... The adapter for it was putting too much power into it. I just wanted to see if I could learn something by fixing it... And still get to keep it until I do get a new keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's great that you were able to figure out what the problem was. Was it the original Yamaha power adapter, or were you using a different one? I've heard that power adapters can develop faults after several years of use.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy continuing to play your PSR-282 now that you've given it a new lease on life. :)

Reaction score
I used the adapter that was given to me at first, but looking into the make and model of the adapter, the keyboard's original adapter was different. It worked fine when I first got it. So I don't think it was really a problem that it was different, the adapter just wore out I guess.

Ask a Question