Sound problems

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum....:)

Never having played any piano before bought my first 54 keys keyboard a few months ago from Argos, similar to the one in the link below, so the usual slow struggle to understand it all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2530...=1007425&device=c&campaignid=857339229&crdt=0

Then suddenly discovered no doubt like many others before me, that having played the guitar for years it could be a lot easier if I could find keyboard video tuitions for guitar players and was soon having a great time as it's so much easier.

However starting to have problems with trying to record into a Win 7 laptop (I have Win 10 but need it for work) as it's very distorted for some reason though I'm sure it's because of something simple I should be doing. In the small manual it says plug in to the OUT socket of the keyboard and into the headphone symbol on the side of the laptop.

That's all I know so wondering if I should now try some other means of recording but no idea which and how....?

Much appreciate any thoughts and advice

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I am not a computer wiz by any means but I think win7 is maybe a little old (almost a decade old) and possibly not compatible with current recording programs.??
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You are plugging a line input into a headphone output.

You are having impedance matching and line level problems.

The solution is to plug your keyboard thru a DI box and then into the line input.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question