Question about recording keyboard

Reaction score
I'm new to the keyboard world and have a few questions about recording.

The Casio PX 330 has caught my eye. It allows you to record up to 5 songs with 16 tracks each. These recordings can be saved to an SD card.

What I'm wondering is if you can transfer the recording from the keyboard to a computer via the SD card, will this eradicate the need for an audio interface between the keyboard and computer? Or will the data saved to the SD card not be as high quality as that which is processed via a proper audio interface? I'm guessing there's a catch as most studios seem to use a preamp/audio interface between instrument and computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
i believe your data card only stores midi data... you can load the card data into a daw/midi program and assign a vst to play it, or record the outputs of the board into a portable recorder or computer. Either way, if you are going to begin composing multiple tracks, it sounds like you should get a daw (like Reaper, Acid Music, etc) to capture your tracks.

Ask a Question