Recording midi

Reaction score
Hi. I have an akai LPK25 mini keyboard. It took me a long time, but I finally got sound from it using a sequencer. Well, I didn't know what a sequencer was until now. I'm using JJsequencer. How do I actually record the music? There's a record button. I also saw some function to save a file. What's the step by step for this? I saved a file but could not open it. My ultimate aim is to use the midi files to spice up audio arrangements. I use audacity but that doesn't work with midi. Do I need another program besides audacity or JJ?

Thanx

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at Cakewalk by Bandlab (FREE as in BEER!!! Software)

And then load up some cakewalk sonar tutorials on Youtube to find out what it's all about.

Take a couple of of hours and you'll have an idea.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have looked into Cakewalk but it's not a standalone program like audacity. You have to log in and upload files. That seems very awkward just to start. I ought to be able to record the midi with JJsequencer, but I haven't gotten that far. I bought the keyboard in 2016 and have only now gotten sound out of it with the JJ. I didn't try very hard - a couple of days here and there. I have a ton of audio tracks and think the midi would help complete this project.

Reaction score
I ought to be able to record the midi with JJsequencer, but I haven't gotten that far. I have a ton of audio tracks and think the midi would help complete this project.
Welcome to the forums. I second Gary's recommendation !! I scanned the web page for JJsequencer and it will only do one time signature, [4/4 time]. Thats a no starter for your stated purpose. To that end, it is not easy to sync a midi track and audio track, and you will need a pro level DAW program which can do that on a measure by measure basis. Gary gave you great advice. Sonar has a feature which does what you are asking about. ATB Don

Ask a Question