Roland a-800 pro sliders/knobs not sending midi in fl studio

Reaction score
i have a roland a-800 pro. i moved my studio and was setting my keyboard back up when i discovered that it had stopped sending midi completely for no apparent reason. i spent the next day reinstalling drivers and updating the shit out of it. that only half fixed the problem. now the keyboard, pitch shifter, and drum pad work, but the sliders and knobs still do not send midi in fl studio (i.e. when i turn a knob, the midi light does not come on, but when i press a key, it does). i have already sent a message to roland, but of course they are ****ing useless and haven't got back to me. any ideas?

i am eternally grateful to anyone who can help me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My advice is to back up your settings and reinitialize the board to factory settings and then see if the problem persists.

Reaction score
ok, how do you reinitialize to factory settings? pardon my ignorance. i will have a look at the manual, but im not sure how to do that

Reaction score
actually, scratch that last question. i have already tried doing a "factory reset" twice. this did not solve the problem.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at the MIDI settings on the keyboard. Make certain that all the MIDI outs are enabled.

Reaction score
again, pardon my incompetence. as far as can tell, there are two switches on the outside of the keyboard, one for power, one called "merge". merge doesn't seem to make a difference

Ask a Question