Roland FP-8 Pedal Problems, Alters Tone when Pressed Down or Released

Reaction score
Please Help!
I have a Roland FP-8 Keyboard. I don't use any of the extra features, midi, etc. I just play it as if it were a regular piano.

A few weeks ago I started noticing an altered tone when using the sustain pedal. Made what slightly sounds like a whammy board on a guitar. Which occurs when I press the pedal down and then release it again.

I thought maybe it was the pedal, so I bought a new one. Didn't fix the problem. Then I tried to use it on the soft pedal input, and didn't change a thing, I reset the keyboard back to factory setting guided by the manual, still didn't fix the problem. I have a back up FP-8 to use for parts, but seeing as changing the pedal inputs didn't help, I wouldn't think it is the particular jack. It isn't the pedal because I tried to replace. Please help! I miss playing!

Reaction score
Please Help!
I have a Roland FP-8 Keyboard. I don't use any of the extra features, midi, etc. I just play it as if it were a regular piano.

A few weeks ago I started noticing an altered tone when using the sustain pedal. Made what slightly sounds like a whammy board on a guitar. Which occurs when I press the pedal down and then release it again.

I thought maybe it was the pedal, so I bought a new one. Didn't fix the problem. Then I tried to use it on the soft pedal input, and didn't change a thing, I reset the keyboard back to factory setting guided by the manual, still didn't fix the problem. I have a back up FP-8 to use for parts, but seeing as changing the pedal inputs didn't help, I wouldn't think it is the particular jack. It isn't the pedal because I tried to replace. Please help! I miss playing!
1-800-Roland, who will recommend:

1) try a factory reset (which you did)
2) repair facility

Ask a Question