Roland FP-90x sticky keys

Reaction score
First time keyboard owner, Roland FP -90x - and three keys are sticking. Two blacks and the D in between them. They make a crunchy sound, like maybe there’s a tiny piece of paper in the way in there?

The keyboard had a chip replaced last week, under warranty - and the package it was returned in has a lot of those loose, tiny styrofoam balls. I had to vacuum some out of the speaker, but luckily most were too big to fit through.

I’m concerned maybe pieces of styrofoam are in there? I don’t want to send it out for service again (It was away for a few weeks and my family really missed it). Does anyone know how I might resolve this at home?

Any advice appreciated 🙏
Alisa

Reaction score
Open up the keyboard and remove the obstruction or ......

Send it to a repair facility who will open up the keyboard and remove the obstruction.

Reaction score
Thanks. I’d like to open it myself. I was hoping someone might have “how to” disassemble and reassemble. Is it pretty straightforward?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Before you try a screw gun on it, try dropping it from a 3 or 4 inch height once or twice.

Ask a Question