Roland Juno Ds. Hooking up with Midi controllers

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been using a Roland Juno DS51 for rehearsals and gigs, and it really does what you need in that situations.
A couple o months ago i added one or two controllers to play more comfortably, when you need several patches for a song.

The point is that when you are working in performance mode, you only have two sliders to adjust online the different patch levels...y you have a performace with 5 or 6 different sounds its imposible to tweek the levels in real time?

Is it possible to tweek them via the sliders of your controller? (for instance the arturia keylabe sliders? )

i cant find the way to configure it...

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Configure your controller's sliders to send MIDI volume or expression on the channels your externally driven sounds are on. IIRC, although you can change this, by default, the sound you put in part 3 is controllable via MIDI channel 3, the sound on Part 4 is on MIDI channel 4, and so on. You can also choose to put two sounds on the same MIDI channel, if you want a single slider to control the volume of both. There's lots of flexibility.

I believe there is also a way to use the knobs on the DS itself to control volumes of other parts, but if these are sounds you're playing from an external controller, I think it's simpler and more logical to assign the sliders on that controller to function as the needed volume controls for those parts.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been using a Roland Juno DS51 for rehearsals and gigs, and it really does what you need in that situations.
A couple o months ago i added one or two controllers to play more comfortably, when you need several patches for a song.

The point is that when you are working in performance mode, you only have two sliders to adjust online the different patch levels...y you have a performace with 5 or 6 different sounds its imposible to tweek the levels in real time?

Is it possible to tweek them via the sliders of your controller? (for instance the arturia keylabe sliders? )

i cant find the way to configure it...

Thanks in advance!

This video is for the FA, i don’t if would work with the DS. I’m hoping it would,

Reaction score
This video is for the FA, i don’t if would work with the DS. I’m hoping it would,
I think you meant to post that in your "Roland Juno Ds connect to korg nanokontrol2" thread... and yes, it should work for that.

Ask a Question