Roland xp50 - How to save Patches to the main banks like an xp60

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a roland xp60 and find changing sounds to be very easy through the banks during a live set. However this is not the case with the xp50. i have heard rumours that you can set the xp50 sounds/patches in to banks/channels but I have no idea how to do this. I know that it has something to do with the midi settings but i have no idea how to connect the keyboard up through midi or even what midi software to use. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, i would be very grateful. Thanks.

Reaction score
Do you have a copy of the XP-50 Owner's Manual ? If not, you can download a PDF copy from:

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/xp-50/owners_manuals/

The instructions for saving Patches into User Performances begin on Page 24. I think this is what you are asking about, but I am not sure what you mean by "main banks". That term is not familiar to me on Roland equipment. I was not aware that it was all that much different from the XP-60/80.

Reaction score
Hey there. Thanks for getting back to me.

Basically on the xp60, there are 8 banks which can each hold 8 sounds.
For example...
BANK 1
1 - strings
2 - choir
3 - etc
4 - etc
5 - etc
6 - etc
7 - etc
8 - etc

It works the same as live setting mode on the fantom series.

There are 8 main buttons in the middle of an xp50 and i was wondering if sounds can be asigned to these buttons just like in live setting mode on the fantom series.

Generally on an xp50, you have to scroll through the sounds 1 by 1 which is not ideal during a live set.

I have looked at the manual but cant seem to find anything about asigning sounds to these 8 buttons.

Ask a Question