Sayonara Medeli fans

Reaction score
This is not the place for a whine about the Eu so I deleted it.

Yes it is a nightmare.

There are some great elements to it but at a cost, the common standards being the element that allows free trade within members and incoming goods having to meet those standards.

This is why the USA keeps putting tariffs on EU goods, but more flows into the EU from the USA than from the EU to the USA so they have more buying power
Taxes and tariffs - governments weapons of horror. I know that our trade with China starting in the 80s had grown so imbalanced in their favor - when Trump imposed tariffs on their goods all hell broke loose. But - this was something Carter or Reagan should have started 40+ years ago. It is sad that parts of the world have a more difficult time receiving goods because of bureaucratic BS and high tariffs / taxes.

Reaction score
A friend of mine in France, bought an AKX-10 (displayed unit) from England and get a 45 years warranty. The company that sells the keyboard is famous in Europe for its support and warranty policy.
I contacted Medeli (via its Website) and was told AKX-10 has one year warranty from the date of purchase. One need to contact them to get a return authorization before shipping to their "repair" shop in Los Angeles (for USA users I guess).

Reaction score
The only reason I sent back a keyboard that I really liked was it was having a problem that the dealer and I had doubts that it could be resolved. Other than that the keyboard was great! I’m not sure what “Scott” means but I am a real person not a troll who seems determined to undermine not just this site but others.
I would hope that people sign up to a forum like this to exchange ideas and to help other owners to fully utilize their instrument. It’s also a valuable source of information for those thinking about investing in these, they need advice and information not seeing childish and unhelpful nonsense.
I am not an owner of a Medeli keyboard, so my value here is very limited, the only thing I can offer is information given to me by an actual Medeli dealer, I am just trying to help other Medeli owners real and perspective.

Ask a Question