Setting Key Signature on DGX

Reaction score
I recorded the main song on Track 1 for a multi-track recording. No problem.

So, I'm still needing more practice to keep on time, especially if only one instrument, for example. So I was going to add a clap at beat 2 and 4 of a 4/2 key signature. I had not done anything with the metronome during recording of the initial song to track 1. The PC software can play an accompaniment and I keep on time pretty good. But of course, only the piano records on track 1.

So trying to add the clap on perfect time by just playing the piano track is a challenge for me at this point. I thought "I'll turn on the metronome, click the Start for the song on a beat, then play the clap at beat 2 and 4.

Of course, I need to have the metronome at the correct tempo. The tempo is 98, again, with a 4/2 signature. But the default for the signature on the DGX is 4/4. So, if I set the tempo at 98, when I start the song, it stays with the metronome, and plays very slow.

The only place I have discovered to set the time signature in the DGX is in the Metronome. But at the top of the little screen, it indicates that the time signature 4/4. So the time signature for the metronome is set to 4/2; The time signature at the top of the indicator window says 4/4. So if I start a song that I recorded at 4/2 (Based on the electronic music sheet providing the beat) and set the Metronome to 98, the song playback is quite slow. I am assuming that is because I can't set the overall time signabure to 4/2. I find it interesting that setting it correct in the metronome does not result with a successful timed beat.

Any suggestions on how to crawl out of this quagmire?

Reaction score
There is a function to alter the numerator and the denominator for the metronome. I have the DGX-640. Press the FUNCTION button and then press the << or >> until you find the Time Signature - Denominator and the Time Signature - Numerator settings. They are adjacent to each other in the list. You will see METRONOME at the top of the window.

Ask a Question