Sound Module??

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Kawai acoustic piano that has the Kawai AnyTime Piano computer built into it. It's pretty cool. I can throw a lever and then use one of three stock sounds the computer has and output that to headphones or an active speaker. The piano is silent in this mode (although it feels quite a bit different). The three sounds are acoustic piano, organ and harpsichord. The connections are there for other MIDI devises to connect to the AnyTime computer (Input/Output/Thru). In the past I had a full up keyboard connected to it and my acoustic piano had all the bells and whistles. That was fun.

But...all I want is the brain of a keyboard that will give me all the cool organs and sounds just without the full up keyboard. I think that's called a sound module. Is that right???

I've looked at the Roland Sound Canvas SD-50 and other Sound Canvas products (they go way back). What would you guys suggest for a magic box (whatever its called) that will give me all the cool fun sounds that's in the form factor of a simple sound module? I really don't think I need a sequencer, I think I just want the keyboard brain. Any suggestions?

This is not for gigging, it just for home use to give the acoustic piano a new flair to it. I also don't really want to spend a ton of money on this as I'd rather dump money into a Roland RD-700 or something like that down the line.

Thanks in advance for the help picking out a cool product to fit the needs.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A used Roland Sound Canvas might be found for not too much money.

Also worth considering are the Korg Triton Rack or a Yamaha Motif Rack used for not too much money.

Also worth checking out are the Ketron SD-1 and SD-2.

Otherwise, brand new modules tend to get kind of spendy.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question