Starting Up

Reaction score
Hey people, I'm new here; and to be honest I doubt I'll actually be sticking around. I found these forums by Google, just to ask a question or two.

I've recently been wanting to start playing the keyboard. I have a natural music flare, and if you give me an instrument I can rock out and be playing a piece or something of my own in minutes. I have a little experience with pianos/keyboards, but I've never actually had my own.

I don't want to purchase a 'beginner' keyboard, because I know that I will rather quickly advance to the 'intermediate' level. What is a good, cheap keyboard that is selling nowadays? My budget is around 100-200 dollars.

I'm looking for a solo keyboard, not a MIDI device, as I don't want to have to deal with plugging it into a computer, and using it as a MIDI controller. I want a standalone machine with good sound-quality, and that could preferably be hooked up to an amp, headphones or a different set of speakers. The built-in speaker is what I'll be using most of the time, though.

I'm also not looking for anything big, I don't need an 88-key keyboard.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nova

Reaction score
Well, for 100-200$ you won't find anything good, especially if you're looking for something that will last you through your "natural flare" as you've put it :)

Besides if you want to play the PIANO, nothing under 88-keys won't do you any good - trust me :)

Ask a Question