Super JV 1080 patch change challenges with midi files

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm struggling and would appreciate any tips please... I have midi files from numerous midi file song library sites and have an issues whereby I can not change the midi data in these files...consequently the JV 1080 is playing any random patches. I can not see how to bypass the data patch information in the unit. With so many midi files to bounce audio from the 1080, I'm happy to manually select the patch for each individuals bounce. Any suggestions on how I can make the 1080 stay on the patch that I manually select by way of having it no longer read the patch change information from the midi file? By the way I'm using sounds form the 'USER Patch play" bank.

I hope that makes sense.... PS I could not find anything on this in the JV 1080 manual and the Roland "backstage" tech support doesn't seems to any longer support this product. Any leads is greatly appreciated.
David

Reaction score
Hi David
You did not mention what you use for playback your MIDI files.
Anyway for both ( keyboard or PC with DAW) you have to set your jv 1080 in GM mode and GM edit.
Channels on the devices must be the same on both sides.
NOTE
Your JV1080 is a GM based sound machine and only recognizes the sysex intended for this device.
(Roland = 41 , iTEM DEVICE jv1080 =6A)
So start configuring if it is not done and find out the GM sounds on the 1080.
Good luck and stay save

Reaction score
Hi MRIS, thanks for your reply...I'm in Logic 9 but these are midi files created by companies for duos and kareoke type peformers, I didnt create them, hence the reason I cant see how to change the data...whatever midi data I changes I do in Logic, is overridden on playback.

Reaction score
Hi David
I know midi files like that so it's important to know how they work and how devices react to them.
I suppose you already have some experience with keyboards and DAW.
The JV1080 is a powerful sound machine but requires some study
Some questions
.Do you know (understand)
How to use the jv1080 with DTMS?
How to use the jv1080 as a GM compatible sound module
The midi implementation
Settings for midi parts
Settings for midi
Mode selection
I would like to help you in your search but at what level. .....
good luck
mris

Reaction score
Hello David,
First, you must select Performance mode on your JV front pannel for the GM bank to be correctly accessed. It defaults to Patch on power on.
Rgrds,

Ask a Question