Surrender - original song

Reaction score
Hello friends, this is a new song I've been working at recently, performed and written by me. I hope you will enjoy it and maybe it will bring me one step closer to my dream of becoming a film music composer.

Reaction score
Thank you, Gary. Yes, I did it all, this is also one of my first attempts at mastering a track, before I just mixed them and left them like that but now I am trying to perfect all aspects of my work.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I saw no problems with the orchestration or the mix, but if I might make a suggestion, you might want to work a bit with a dialect coach in English.

There's a very noticeable eastern European accent in your vocals which might sell nicely in western markets if that's what you're aiming for, but mainstream English vocals tend to be American sounding, even the Brits, who, except for punk rockers also sing with an American accent.

Anyway, that's my two cents but still a very haunting and lovely tune.

Gary

Reaction score
You are probably right and I should start practicing my vocals, it wasn't my main thing, just started singing a few months ago in a band ( in Romanian) and that gave me courage to compose and record vocal pieces. It can only go uphill from now on :) so hopefully my next one will be better, this one was rather difficult cos it had many words and I didn't have a lot of time to prepare my pronunciation. I don't know if it is possible to overcome the language barrier 100% but I will work on it. Mind listening to my other "in english" song I posted on youtube and see if you notice the same accent issues?(as you are a native speaker, I presume)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yes I am a native English speaking Canadian who's been exposed to American broadcasts and media all of my life.

You definitely have a Slavic accent, but any good dialect coach could fix that problem in under three months.

Otherwise your vocals are very smooth and melodic, though extra vocal coaching is never a waste either.

And your keyboard playing is stellar as always :)

Gary

Reaction score
Both songs are really very good, very professional sounding. I really hope you achieve your dream, you certainly have the potential!

Ask a Question