Synth Thread

Reaction score
Yes,the Triton LE has a sequencer which is identical to that of the TR as far as I know & given your financial situation,I would most definately jump on the LE if I were you...if it's in good condition-by all means-go for it!:cool:

So I was all psyched to go & get the Triton LE. I rushed to the guitar store to make the trade... and they told me it was "fried".:( I.e. No good... kaput...busted.:(:(

Well THAT was a bummer!

So I decided to buy the Yamaha MM6. That was my original choice a month ago. It has lots of great sounds, a few filter /cutoff knobs and a sequencer. Yeah it's a small sequencer that only records 4 tracks. That's enough to at least play along and set up basic rhythms & riffs. I can do the rest in Cubase.

I know there are folks who say that "yamaha keyboards are for beginners" but hey... that's what I am... I"m a beginner with big ambitions and a small budget.:eek:

Reaction score
First off,I would like to mention-with regard to Skot's LE;I think it's a terrible waste of money to buy a keyboard with such a nice sequencer in it and to let it go un-utilized.:confused:

Even though you have a band to back you,the sequencer is ideal for laying down ideas in the form of complete songs,so basically,you have a 24 hour,7 days a week band within your keyboard that you can play with at any given time without disturbing your neighbors or family members.

Yeah, I guess I don't really take advantage of everything my keyboard has to offer. I am still learning what it can do! But for playing by myself, I usually record stuff on my computer (via sony acid, mbox) and use that as an accompaniment. I am also learning how to use sony acid, so I like messing around with it.

And Laura, I also used to use a guitar amp, and I know how horrible it sounds. I bought a keyboard amp (roland kc 150) and it is well worth it. I know its just another thing to spend money on, but I'm just saying that it is worth the money and it makes a difference. Headphones work fine though unless you are playing with/for people. I'm not trying to make you go bankrupt :)

Ask a Question