Awesome new synth!

Reaction score
Oh I'm just dreaming here, Gary. Since the company that I worked for folded at the end of August, my dreams of buying anything new have been curtailed. Besides, I can pretty much get almost any sound that I want on my Kronos. One day I'll even learn how it works!

Reaction score
Yeah, the Moog One is very expensive. But I went through the specs yesterday and watched a couple of the lengthy Amos Gaynes demos and this is not even close to your typical polysynth. The capabilities crammed into this are kind of astonishing (assuming they work reliably). I mean, the filtering options on this are at a level I don't think I've seen in a keyboard synth before. I haven't touched one of these but based on what I saw and read, this appears to be the rough equivalent of a decent-sized modular system condensed into a single portable unit. It's much more like a portable sound lab than a typical poly. And I mean no disrespect to Dave Smith's stuff when I say that.

Ask a Question