Triton / N 364

Reaction score
Hi,
can i ask to you ?.-)

I will go to the band, which plays a style of Nightwish and I need another keyboard.

I thought the Korg Triton Classic Korg or N364.

I need a keyboard, where the strings are good .. Korg M50 is not and can not be equal to NW strings even after creation.

Thank you

Reaction score
Well,

first of all - there is no keyboard in the world that can sound like the new nightwish - mostly cause Holopainen uses TONS of orchestral/vocal VSTs plus pre-recorded backing tracks (yup, even live).

So unless you want laptops on your gigs - there's no way you can sound like that. However, you can sound very similar. I have the M3, and the M50 has the same sound engine - and I can tell you that you can get NW-like sounds. You just need to put some effort into it - so don't get rid of your M50 just yet.

If you can keep the M50, and still want another keyboard - then without a doubt - make it a Triton. That's the best keyboard for early NW sound anyway :)

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for your reply..

Can you please explain what this means? TONS of orchestral/vocal VSTs plus pre-recorded backing tracks

And,Yes, I'll keep this keyboard, but I want one more, which will sound better for NW .-)

Thanks

Reaction score
It means that late NW albums have most of the stuff recorded by real orchestra or orchestral VST instruments (you know... virtual instruments that you load onto your PC and use various software to record them. like Cubase, Nuendo, Kontakt etc...)

Same goes for NW live - 90% of the keyboard parts are NOT played live by Tuomas - they are played back from an external player. You can easily see that on any video since he's playing just the basic tunes and there are bajillions of sounds coming out of the speakers.

Basically, NW sounds great in the studio - if they wanted to play all those keyboard/orchestral parts live (without using backing tracks)- they would need at least 2 more keyboard players with high end keyboards/PCs/VSTs on stage.

Ask a Question