Triton quick keys?

Reaction score
Heey

Are there any quick keys on the triton classic? if so how do I find them

thx

ergo

Reaction score
My guess is that he either means non-weighted keys, or keys with a quick whatever-it's-called, the thing that makes the keys return to position when you let go of them, so that you can play one key fast several times in a row...

Reaction score
No I mean, for example if I want to play with an organ sound and a piano then I want just to be able to switch without writing in the numbers, and I've seen this "quick keys" so then you just push that button and yyou have changed sound

Reaction score
+ I have another question! the manuall kills me! F*****g book! a quick one! Ho do you change the pitch bend range? thx for answers!

Reaction score
No I mean, for example if I want to play with an organ sound and a piano then I want just to be able to switch without writing in the numbers, and I've seen this "quick keys" so then you just push that button and yyou have changed sound

Then your original question is a bit misleading, since it has nothing to do with the keys whatsoever, but I'll help you anyway :)

Just next to the screen, you have a Up and Down button, which can be used to switch program/combi Up or Down.

What you'll usually want to do then is to save the sounds you want so that they lie right after each other. I'll give you an example (I don't know what the User banks are called on the triton, but let's call the bank D)

You want to have a piano sound at first, and then press Up to switch to a string sound, and then Up again to switch to an organ sound, then you'll want to place the patches like this:

D-001: Piano
D-002: Strings
D-003: Organ

Now if you play the piano sound and hit the Up button, it will change to the strings.

This can actually be done with a pedal too, if you buy a pedal like this one, and plug it into the correct pedal input (can't remember the name of it atm), you can assign it to Patch Change Up (or something), and you will be able to do the very same thing, but without occupying one of your hands to do it.

+ I have another question! the manuall kills me! F*****g book! a quick one! Ho do you change the pitch bend range? thx for answers!

I've never tried the triton out in stores, but I suppose that the menus are somewhat similar to the M3 and M50, so I'll say how you do it there, and it should help.

You can actually do it in both Combi AND Program mode, I'll show you both:

Combi mode: Page Select --> Timbre Param (P3 on the M3) --> Pitch --> Bend Range

Program Mode: Page Select --> OSC/Pitch (P2 on the M3) --> OSC1 Pitch (and OSC2 Pitch if you use 2 oscilators)

In Program mode, you should even be able to assign the range differently depending on whether you pitch it up or down. As an example, you could to like Jordan Rudess always does: make the pitch bend go one whole step up, but an octave down. This way you could get cool whammy-bar effects without affecting your up-bends.

Hope it helped :)

Reaction score
Then your original question is a bit misleading, since it has nothing to do with the keys whatsoever, but I'll help you anyway :)

Just next to the screen, you have a Up and Down button, which can be used to switch program/combi Up or Down.

What you'll usually want to do then is to save the sounds you want so that they lie right after each other. I'll give you an example (I don't know what the User banks are called on the triton, but let's call the bank D)

You want to have a piano sound at first, and then press Up to switch to a string sound, and then Up again to switch to an organ sound, then you'll want to place the patches like this:

D-001: Piano
D-002: Strings
D-003: Organ

Now if you play the piano sound and hit the Up button, it will change to the strings.

This can actually be done with a pedal too, if you buy a pedal like this one, and plug it into the correct pedal input (can't remember the name of it atm), you can assign it to Patch Change Up (or something), and you will be able to do the very same thing, but without occupying one of your hands to do it.

I've never tried the triton out in stores, but I suppose that the menus are somewhat similar to the M3 and M50, so I'll say how you do it there, and it should help.

You can actually do it in both Combi AND Program mode, I'll show you both:

Combi mode: Page Select --> Timbre Param (P3 on the M3) --> Pitch --> Bend Range

Program Mode: Page Select --> OSC/Pitch (P2 on the M3) --> OSC1 Pitch (and OSC2 Pitch if you use 2 oscilators)

In Program mode, you should even be able to assign the range differently depending on whether you pitch it up or down. As an example, you could to like Jordan Rudess always does: make the pitch bend go one whole step up, but an octave down. This way you could get cool whammy-bar effects without affecting your up-bends.

Thank you I manage to get the pitch done :) but still I'm not 100% about the switch thing. I understand what you're meening but HOW do I do that ^^ it's exactely as you describe what I'm after...but I don't under how to put the sounds in order, and do I need to be in some serten bank? or dose that matter at all? really glad for you helping me out, and if you don't mind could I have your msn/hotmail and then you maybe could help me in swedish insteed =P

Reaction score
'
Looks like you've got this one all to yourself now Sargas!.....

Let us know if you get it sorted? - I'm curious now!!!

Actually I know what to do now, so I can try to explain ;P What I wanted was just like Sargas explained put the diffrent pathes in my own order, and it was really simple =P Just choose the patch you wanted (ex 007 bx3 organ) and then push a arrow in the upper right corner on the touch screen and write program/program/choose a bank done :)

Reaction score
Actually I know what to do now, :)

Excellent news Ergo!

Another way of quickly changing voices is to have them in a 'line' across the banks, so, for example...

Bank A voice 001 = piano
Bank B voice 001 = organ
Bank C voice 001 = strings
Bank D voice 001 = synth

So to change from piano to strings you simply press the 'bank C' button.

You can do this all the way through the menu with your favouite voices, so the second 'line' of voices would all be in
position 002, banks A, B, C, etc etc.

Again, if you choose to have all your favourite piano voices next to each other in bank A, you can still use
the up/down buttons to move between them.

Glad you got it sorted, and I hope the info above is of some use to you?

Cheers,

John.

ps - you DID have us confused with your initial post :confused: :) !!!

Reaction score
Excellent news Ergo!

Another way of quickly changing voices is to have them in a 'line' across the banks, so, for example...

Bank A voice 001 = piano
Bank B voice 001 = organ
Bank D voice 001 = synth

You can do this all the way through the menu with your favouite voices, so the second 'line' of voices would all be in position 002, banks A, B, C, etc etc.

Again, if you choose to have all your favourite piano voices next to each other in bank A, you can still use the up/down buttons to move between them.

Cheers,

John.

Yeah cleaver! Never thought about that! I'm going to try that out thanks! :) haha yeah sry for the first post ^^ I just read on another keyboard which have that "quick key" a old Proteus, so I thought you would understand ;P but now it's all done ^^

Reaction score
Excellent news Ergo!

Bank A voice 001 = piano
Bank B voice 001 = organ
Bank D voice 001 = synth

You can do this all the way through the menu with your favouite voices, so the second 'line' of voices would all be in
position 002, banks A, B, C, etc etc.

Again, if you choose to have all your favourite piano voices next to each other in bank A, you can still use
the up/down buttons to move between them.

Cheers,

John.

Yeah, that's one way to do it two, they both got pros and cons, however.

The good thing about the method I mentioned is that you can assign a pedal to it, so that you won't need to occupy a hand, if you want to change sound while playing.

The good thing about your method is that, if you play for example Piano --> Strings --> Organ --> Piano, you can still get back to the piano sound with only one press, while my method would either require 2 button presses, or you would need to save the very same piano sound again after the organ :p

Reaction score
Yeah, that's one way to do it two, they both got pros and cons, however.

The good thing about the method I mentioned is that you can assign a pedal to it, so that you won't need to occupy a hand, if you want to change sound while playing.

The good thing about your method is that, if you play for example Piano --> Strings --> Organ --> Piano, you can still get back to the piano sound with only one press, while my method would either require 2 button presses, or you would need to save the very same piano sound again after the organ :p

I agree Sargas - there ARE pros and cons to each method, but with some careful planning, you can combine both methods
(indeed I use a foot pedal for 'program up' on my M50).

It takes a bit of trial & error, but it is manageable. :)

Reaction score
I agree Sargas - there ARE pros and cons to each method, but with some careful planning, you can combine both methods
(indeed I use a foot pedal for 'program up' on my M50).

It takes a bit of trial & error, but it is manageable. :)

I have a new question hehe which I already talked with sargas about, but we diden't really find a solution. I wonder if I use for example a lead sound that's mono...can I change the setting of the sound so it becomes poly while playing? maybe with the joystick or something? if you understand what I mean, otherwise sargas can explain ;) haha

Reaction score
There isn't a way to do that easily. The only option you'd have is to play in sequencer mode, have a mono and a poly version of your lead patch on two consecutive tracks, make sure both tracks use different MIDI channels, and use the Inc/Dec button to change the currently selected track. This would mean you'd have to play in sequencer mode, though, which is the ideal way to play if you've got only one keyboard, but not so good if you were planning on using your Triton as a master keyboard to control other keyboards or rackmount sound units.

Reaction score
kanthos said:
I have a new question hehe which I already talked with sargas about, but we diden't really find a solution. I wonder if I use for example a lead sound that's mono...can I change the setting of the sound so it becomes poly while playing? maybe with the joystick or something? if you understand what I mean, otherwise sargas can explain ;) haha

There isn't a way to do that easily. The only option you'd have is to play in sequencer mode, have a mono and a poly version of your lead patch on two consecutive tracks, make sure both tracks use different MIDI channels, and use the Inc/Dec button to change the currently selected track. This would mean you'd have to play in sequencer mode, though, which is the ideal way to play if you've got only one keyboard, but not so good if you were planning on using your Triton as a master keyboard to control other keyboards or rackmount sound units.

I actually found a quite easy method of doing this recently, but you will still need 2 versions of your lead sound: One Mono and one Poly. This is how I did:

Go to your Poly version of the sound, and go to the filter settings. Set the Output to 99, and AMS int to -99, and then assign your desired controller to the AMS (I chose SW1). Now you should be able to play your poly sound freely, but when you press SW1, it turns silent, and goes to 0 volume. When you press the key again, it will come back.

Now go to your Mono version of the sound, and to the exact opposite. Go to the filter settings, set the Output to 0, and AMS int to +99, and assign the same controller to the AMS.
Now that sound should be silent by default, but when you press your controller button (SW1 in my case), you will be playing the mono version of your lead.

Now, go to combi mode and mix those 2 together. The result should be that you will be playing the poly version by default, but when you press the controller button, it will switch to the mono version, and back if you press it again.

Ask a Question