Using midi controller pedals with Yamaha PSREW400

Reaction score
Hi all, as I am a guitar player, I would like to try and use a midi foot controller pedal to simply change chords that I have started playing, so as to add a bit of variety to my solo gigs. I have been considering something like the Behringer FCB1010 UNIT.
If it could be programmed so that each pedal sends a midi note change to the keyboard, I could be in business. Maybe someone has used one, or something similar to do what I am trying to do. Any ideas would be great.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think you can use anything like that directly, although I've been interested in that particular pedal unit myself. The problem is that the PSR-E models don't have a jack for connecting anything but a sustain pedal, so the only way you'll be able to use something else, such as an expression pedal or one of these units, would be to use a computer or MIDI USB host as a go-between to connect the PSR-E keyboard and pedal unit.

Reaction score
I don't think you can use anything like that directly, although I've been interested in that particular pedal unit myself. The problem is that the PSR-E models don't have a jack for connecting anything but a sustain pedal, so the only way you'll be able to use something else, such as an expression pedal or one of these units, would be to use a computer or MIDI USB host as a go-between to connect the PSR-E keyboard and pedal unit.
Thanks Michael, yes, I do have a usb to din midi host that I am using now to send midi from the Yamaha to my drum and bass machine players, and it has din to usb return to the keyboard, so do you think that may work? Regards. Geoff

Ask a Question