Using a MIDI controller live with VSTs?

Reaction score
I play in a 3 piece cover band and we are getting a relative to do some keyboard parts on some songs live. I have an M-Audio Axiom 49 and was wondering if there was any type of module that I could somehow load some of my vsts or patches on so that we could just use the Axiom live.

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have a Receptor and it is rock solid compared to my laptop. However, if you can live with the possibility of an occasional glitch, then the laptop route is much cheaper. The system stability and sound quality of the Receptor is far better than my laptop though. For me, the most serious drawbacks of the Muse Receptor are it's operating system, the fact that you can only load "Receptorized" VST's, and then the learning curve for using the machine. Mine machine is second generation, and Muse has since made a lot of changes, so I don't know about the newer versions. Don

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think we're gonna try the laptop route. I have an HP laptop about 5 years old but I'm not sure that this is up to what I'm wanting. Can anyone point me to where I can get some detailed info about doing this live?

Thanks again!

Ask a Question